Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grateful! December 3, 2008

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post after Thanksgiving! So much has been going on lately with Jackson's surgery that I haven't had a chance to write! I will jump ahead and write about the many answered prayers that we have seen lately and how God truly is so faithful! Maybe tomorrow during nap time I will be able to post Thanksgiving pictures and write about the fun time we had with our precious family full of cousins! Jane, Margaret, Claire and Gray! 

As most of you guys know... our sweet little boy had his tonsils and adenoids taken out yesterday (Tuesday, December 2nd) and tubes put in his ears. It was a very emotional morning for us all but as I lay here tonight I am truly thankful for the day we had yesterday! It was a day to truly rejoice in the Lord for all that he has done! 

I had been praying about our decision from the day we found out that this surgery needed to take place. Was it the right thing to do for our little boy and would it truly make him better! God truly answered that prayer Tuesday morning the second Dr. Bonilla stepped out of the operating room and told us that he hadn't seen adenoids the size of Jackson's in a very long time if ever. I really couldn't believe it! He said that they were blocking his nasal passage way and that it was likely that Jackson never was able to breathe through his nose! I was amazed! The good Lord had confirmed that this was the right thing to do! I am forever grateful!! 

The preparation... 

It all started Monday.. We decided it was a good idea to keep Jackson home from school and let him have a day to pal around with me! I was excited too as I knew this was going to be a day that we could hang out and enjoy our time together! Our first stop was our Vet to pay our pet sitter for her time watching the dogs and cats while we were away.. Jackson was alittle disappointed that it wasn't a true pet store so I told him we would go visit the pets at Petsmart after we went to make a return to Hobby Lobby. Here is where the whole week became totally obvious it was in God's hands. We were standing in line and Jackson was looking at the food stand at the checkout and asked for some pretzels.. Normally when he asks for things at checkout I ignore him, but this time he really needed to have alot of snacks and big meals before his surgery so I said ok. The precious girl behind me said that he was so cute and we started talking about what was in store for the next day. To make a long story short she asked me what hospital he was having his surgery and I told her and it ended up that she was a RN on the Children's Surgical floor @ Children's Methodist. I couldn't believe it. She was going to be there on Wednesday. I knew God was protecting me with opening my eyes to this girl. After walking out of Hobby Lobby totally amazed at the coincidence, we got in our car to go to PetSmart. Then we had a lunch date planned with daddy, and Jackson got to choose where he wanted to go! Longhorn Cafe for a cheeseburger! He was so happy. 

Another worry that I lifted up in prayer was that I was so worried about Jackson being hungary and thirsty the next morning since his surgery wasn't until 11:30. We decieded to order pizza for dinner the night before knowing he loves pizza.. To our surprise he ate 3 whole slices, 2 cinna sticks, string cheese, glass of milk and his apple juice! We were so thankfully shocked! After a good night sleep the next morning couldn't have been more perfect. Jackson never mentioned food or drink. It didn't even phase him! He was still so full from his big dinner that it didn't even bother him! What a blessing! 

We got to the hospital were he held Dave and my hands walking in so happily! Little did he know what really was about to happen! He slipped into his gown and loved all of the dinosaur paraphernalia everywhere!! He played in the playroom until his precious nurses came to get him! It was a good start. I held back my tears... until the time came.. I had to say my I love yous. I was praying that Dave could hang in there too! As Daddy walked my little boy into the OR the tears started flowing! I knew he was in good hands and I knew this was the right decision! The wait wasn't long before Dr. Bonilla came out! Dave and I patiently waited for our time in the recovery room with our little boy!

After Surgery Jackson slept through the first couple of hours and then was ready for a popsicle! Truly the first words out of his mouth! "Popsicle Please"! Haha.. He enjoyed 8 of them! 5 cups of Jello, 1 apple sauce, chicken noodle soup and apple juice! The nurses were amazed with his appetite and his ability to get so much down so easily! He played in the playroom and we took strolls around the nurses station multiple times saying hi to all of Jackson's new friends! (the nursing staff and doctors)

His sweet Daddy wanted to be the one to stay with Jackson in the hospital! It was a good night and a great day! We will continue to pray for a quick recovery so our little boy will hurry back to his normal precious self! We are so thankful for all of our friends and family who have been with us these few days! and for all of the messages!! xox 

1 comment:

Spotted-Bird said...

Thanks for the update. I have been meaning to call and the time got away from me. So glad to hear that everything went well. Let me know if you need anything!