Sunday, November 23, 2008

Always Quite in the Blind- November 24, 2008

We have been going and going and I am always thinking about the importance of having quality alone time with Dave. It is so much easier said then done these days because when we go out we like to go out with our friends! Finally, we said we were going to go to the ranch and have a great weekend with a couple that we love and adore and truly have a baby free fun get away. This time... I made it a point to hunt in the SAME blind as my loving hubby! It was so fun! I was taught by my dad, that there is to be NO noise in the blind.. Now, all of you know, it is very hard for me to be quite and when there is quite around I find myself thinking about fun things to talk about.. Dave on the other hand liked to pop the top in the blind and made moving noises, so I figured it was ok to talk about fun things.. Well they were fun to me.  Like how we could add on to our house and decorate and what things we both would like for Christmas. All the things that are fun to talk about but not really do.. haha..I am laughing now because we definitely were not the quietest of hunters and maybe that is why we only saw 10 PIGS for the first hour or so... Then all of a sudden out came a few bucks and a couple of Sika that were so fun to see, a first for me.. The best part was that is what Dave was hunting for and I had the best view.. It ended up not being the one he wanted, but still a fun an exciting time.. and that alone time we have needed just to hold hands and stare at each other and know that our love is the greatest! 

Once we got home to our babies, who we were so excited to see, we decided... or actually I decided while everyone was taking a nap that it was going to be the night that we would decorate our house for Christmas. I figured with all that is going on in the next few weeks this was the only time! I heard Jackson turn on his music and so I happily went in to his room and asked him if he wanted to help me! He was so excited and kept saying "Ho Ho Ho Santa Claus is coming" and "help decorate the tree".  I knew this was going to be fun. After Jackson hung a few low lying ornaments he was finished! He did really appreciate setting up the nativity and gave each of the sheep and donkeys a kiss before setting them out. 

Our house is almost finished except for our outside lights.. that will be the project of the week before we are off to " Margaret and Jane's House" (really the lake house) with all of our cousins and family! We are really really looking forward to being with all of the cousins! Jackson especially loves his older cousins! He asked again this morning when we were going to see Jane and Margaret!  After the lake we will head to the ranch to be with our immediate family to hunt and relax. Jackson is also very excited to be with his uncle Obert and his special friend Canyon! (Obert's Dog)

I will have more fun stories and pictures to post next Sunday. Stay Tuned! Until then.. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to all of my sweet friends! xo

1 comment:

Spotted-Bird said...

What a fun weekend and a great way to reconnect with all the stuff going on around us. Hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!